€ 30.00 collected
The mission of the Foundation began in 1956 when the Archdiocese of Malta decided to coordinate the work done with children living in out of home care in homes run by male and female religious congregations. Since 1956, the primary focus was on Children’s Homes. This changed in 2000 when the Archdiocese of Malta opened Dar Qalb ta’ Gesu, a second-stage shelter for survivors of domestic violence. This shelter was the first of its kind in Malta as it focussed on empowering women and children to reintegrate into the community, independent from their abuser. A community prevention team was setup in April os 2019 to support families in need in the communities of Ħamrun and Marsa.
Fondazzjoni Sebħ runs the following services:
- Fra Diego in Ħamrun – home for 12 children
- Dar San Nikola in Ħamrun – home for 10 children
- Sagra Familja – home for 12 children
- St Theresa – home for 6 children
- Dar Qalb ta’ Ġesù – shelter for 12 families, survivors of domestic violence
- Community Prevention team - working with families in the Ħamrun and Marsa areas.